Peer Review
The first thing to go over is the cover of the magazine. One of the first things that were noticed in the peer review was the month and year were missing. The selling line font size is also slightly bigger than the title which makes its purpose misleading. I am going to lose the title altogether because in the main image the title is incorporated already and there isn't a need for it to be typed. The image is going to be stretched over the entire page. The teasers are also hard to read so I plan to change the layout so it can be easier to understand the text, they will be placed on top of the chalkboard in the image. Overall, I was told that my magazine cover has a good aesthetic and made some of my classmates excited to see what the rest of the magazine had. The contents page I was told had a remarkable organization to it and that the style of the magazine carried through from the cover. Nevertheless, there are still, a few things to tweak such as the content on the page needs to be easier to read, I received advice to make the opacity of the background higher to bring out the font color. I'm going to make the page numbers bigger as well as part of aesthetics. My actual feature article didn't have any criticism other than possibly breaking up the text just for a better appealing look. My class told me that the style of my magazine really appeals to them which is perfect considering that they are the age group my magazine is targeting. l was also told that the theme can be seen throughout the magazine and that everything flows well together. My teacher seemed to really enjoy my portfolio project which made me feel really assured in the direction of my project. I believe my magazine is in a really good state at the moment. I know there are a few things to change after the peer review in class. However, these are only minor changes that can be fixed easily. After the peer review, I feel even more confident in my magazine and I hope to get a good score. I want to be able to submit my best work when I go to submit my magazine to Cambridge as this is a part of the AICE credit score. I am extremely glad that I put so much work into the magazine from the beginning because now I don't have to change very much or at least anything drastic. I can't wait until it is completely finalized and it will be perfected in every sense.
Comments
Post a Comment