Decision Day
My initial impression of Premier Pro was how complex it seemed to be and the same for Indesign. However, when working with Premier Pro I used the tutorials and quickly learned some of the aspects of how it functions. I made a sample clip with a random video I filmed to try and get used to it a bit more. It's still a little difficult but I know if I were to choose film as my portfolio project, I would be able to figure out all the kinks. When I worked with Indesign I found it slightly easier to use because there weren't as many pieces to it as Premier Pro does. I think using Indesign will be a fun experience for me because I really like the creativity you can show with just a simple picture. I have taken art classes for a while and I think that Indesign would really bring out my creative side. I'm more familiar with creating 2D pieces and choosing the magazine option for my portfolio project seems like the best option. When using the program, I saw how you can easily add text to pictures and the perfect layout for magazines. These features will help when creating a visually appealing magazine. With Premier Pro I watched a lot of tutorials and was able to see how to use audio with the video this effect will help when conveying the story if I choose the film option for the portfolio project. After reading the articles it supported my thought process to go with the magazine. For example, “A family's narrative was read as a slideshow cycled through the photos, creating a multimedia story that could be shared and kept as a part of each family's history,” (para. 8, Cherry). Although the slideshow has a voiceover the pictures represent emotions and even a story to tell the audience. I like specifically how anyone can interpret a picture and create their own story. In one of the articles, it states “Charles de Lint wrote in The Blue Girl, "No one else sees the world the way you do, so no one else can tell the stories that you have to tell" (2006),” (para. 14, Cherry). This statement makes me think about how it's important to share your experience with how you see the world. With new technology, the magazine industry has been struggling more than ever. The usual subscribers have dropped significantly in numbers however with changes it creates more opportunity to grow. Such as stated, “Those magazines willing and able to adapt to the new literary landscape are poised to break fresh ground and may end up saving the future of the lit mag,” (para. 1, Franklin). The author expresses how if magazine creators can find new ways to reach this new generation the magazine can make a comeback bigger than ever.
Comments
Post a Comment